Scheduling Special Events
Scheduling Special Events
Scheduling Special Events in Classrooms
Submit space requests for meetings and events to Event Services. For information on submitting these requests, see their website by clicking here. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Examples of events include:
- Faculty meetings
- Candidate interviews
- Thesis defenses
- Supplemental instruction sessions
- Make-up exams
- Study sessions
- Advising sessions
Only the student club or organization president may reserve academic classrooms for events. Email email@example.com to request space for events.
External (non-UCCS) Clients
Email Conference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request space for events. For information on conference event scheduling, see their website: https://www.uccs.edu/conferenceserv.
Event Reservation Memorandum
Event & Conference Services, Orientation, and Extended Studies should reference the Event Reservation Memorandum below outlining when event reservations can be sent to Academic Scheduling for confirmation in CU-SIS.
Event Reservation Timeline
(All dates apply to all years)
Event Services will hold any requests for classrooms as tentative until the following dates:
- Nov. 1 - confirm Winterim event reservations, and all reservations through Spring census date
- Jan. 1 - confirm post-census weekend event reservations through the end of Spring semester
- Spring census date – confirm all M-F post-census event reservations
- Feb. 1 - confirm all event reservations through Summer census date, and all weekend reservations through the end of semester
- Summer census date – confirm all M-F post-census event reservations
- April 1 - confirm Fall pre-term event reservations, and all reservations through Fall census date
- Aug. 1 - confirm post-census weekend event reservations through the end of Fall semester
- Fall census date - confirm all M-F post-census event reservations
- Extended Studies remedial math sections will be processed with the regular department production schedule.
- Non-Credit Extended Studies sections will continue to be scheduled along with ad-hoc event reservations using semester dates above.
EXCEPTION: Classrooms for Orientations and Academic Credit Extended Studies courses can be reserved as soon as the term class search opens:
Term Class Search Opens:
- Spring – Second Monday in October
- Summer – January 1st
- Fall – First Wednesday in March
NOTE: General academic classrooms cannot be reserved for events during Finals week (Spring/Fall) due to complex set-up of schedule.