- The Bachelor of Science or Arts (BS or BA) will indicate the field of study, such as business, chemistry, electrical engineering, or physics. Diplomas do not display emphases within the field of study. The official transcript will display the emphasis within the field of study or program completed.
- Academic Minors are not printed on the diploma, but will be on the official transcript.
- In the Graduate School, the degree designation is Master of Arts, Master of Science or Master of Sciences, Master of Engineering, Master of Public Administration, Master of Criminal Justice, Master of Business Administration, Doctorate of Philosophy, Doctorate of Nursing Practice. Transcripts will indicate specific emphasis/program where appropriate.
- The campus where the degree is earned is on the dipiloma.
- General and departmental honors are shown on the diploma.
- Printed Diploma Name: When you apply to graduate, you can set a unique diploma name that will appear on you diploma and in the commencement program. If a diploma name is not provided, the Office of the Registrar will use your primary/legal name for the diploma.
- Diplomas are mailed to students at the address they provided when they applied to graduate via the portal. Please verify that the address is correct to ensure that you receive your diploma in a timely manner, and it is not returned to the university.
- Students who have a financial hold on their student account will not receive their diploma until the hold has been resolved. For more information regarding financial holds, please contact Student Financial Services at (719) 255-3391 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who resolve their financial hold after five years must order a replacement diploma.
- All diplomas being held or returned to the Office of the Registrar will be retained for five years from the date of commencement. After five years, students must order a replacement diploma.